More Pinewood Derby fun

You might remember last year's Pinewood Derby at church and my first attempt at building a car. It wasn't so much a car as a Conestoga covered wagon. It wasn't very fast, but I was going for style points.

This year, the kids wanted their own Pinewood Derby cars, so I had to break out the saw and sanding block. I really need some more power tools. I waited until the last minute, but the end result turned out pretty good. The kids picked out the design and did all the painting.



When the cars first went on the tracks, I was surprised how fast they seemed. Ashton's car beat Ethan's, then beat lots of the other cars. She ended up being one of the fastest cars in the kids' category. Ethan's wasn't quite as fast, but he did beat some of the young men, so he was happy.





Next year, I'm going to do a better job of sanding the cars and hiding the weights. I have big plans, my friends.

2 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

I sure hope there were more people there than that! We were sad that we didn't get to go. Bradley was going to do a new car, since our sweet-looking Medusa is the slowest darn thing since the Model T.

BTW, Bradley loves Ethan's shirt. :)

Donna said...

Thanks for all your fun posts. I love stopping by to read them!