Last night, Tyler Hansbrough became the all-time leading scorer in Carolina basketball history, during the UNC-Evansville game. It was also the night our PR team was in town for a day-long strategy meeting. Because I am part of a really cool marketing team, and because all the PR people are huge sports fans, we took them to the game last night. This was planned well before anyone knew Tyler would break the record during this game, so we were very excited when he banked in a shot in the first half that put him at the top of the list.
I have seen lots of sports history made on TV, but this was a very special thing to be a part of the standing ovation given to a great player. My only wish was that Lynell and the kids could have been there!
Next up for Tyler: breaking JJ Redick's ACC scoring mark later this year!

Little boy lost
8 years ago
4 comments:
Wow! I'm jealous and Devin will be when I tell him! We were excited to be at my mom's where they have ESPN...but you were the lucky one! It's hard for me to understand the magnitude of this b/c I never watched Phil Ford play, but still...GO TYLER!
Pretty lucky. I pray he doesn't get an injury for the playoffs.
That is really cool! A friend of mine took a picture of all the reporters. I guess there were a few. :)
congratulations scott - your dad would have been so happy you were able to view such an historic event in UNC basketball.
Aunt Susan
Post a Comment