For a while now, Ethan has been a big fan of Mondays. You see, Mondays are our trash days, and he gets to see the yard waste truck, the recycling truck and the garbage truck all roll down our street. He also has a toy garbage truck, which he uses to drive around and pick up bits of colored paper he scatters around the room.
Lately, his thing has been helping me to get the trash ready on Sunday nights. He is usually a good helper, but last night took the cake. I was in Ashton's room, tucking her into bed, and I could hear Ethan doing something in the master bathroom. After I left Ashton's room, I saw Ethan walking out of our bedroom.
"Ethan, what are you doing out of bed?" I asked, since I had already tucked him in.
"It's trash night, so I got all the trash together for you." he answered, beaming with pride.
"All of it?"
"Yep, my room, the bathroom, the playroom, your bathroom... I put in all in the big trash can."
After I got him back in bed, I went to check, and sure enough, everything was in one trash can in our room. I just had to change the bags, take it downstairs and I was done.
So, my question is this... was this just another example of Ethan being extremely helpful or is he destined for a career in waste management?
Just for him, I found this educational video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Xa9QqZhfs
Little boy lost
8 years ago
4 comments:
That is awesome. Can he come over to my house on Monday nights? Haha!
Seriously, though. We need people who can get excited about garbage 'cause it's not going away. There are actually some really interesting jobs out there having to do with sanitation-- and not just riding around on the trucks. There are sanitation engineers and stuff, too.
Nice Ethan! If he does become a trash man he will be the most polite and courteous trash man yet!
That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. Our trash day is tuesday, so...
That is awesome. Alex and Teagan love Mondays too for that reason, but Joseph usually collects the trash around 10pm or later, so Alex can't help. Hopefully you'll be able to take advantage of this help for a while.
Post a Comment