So every year, we go down to North Myrtle Beach, SC to enjoy the surf and sand. This year, we'll probably only get to go once, but what a trip it was! Here are a few pictures of our trip, with some commentary.
Not sure where Ethan was during this picture. Probably looking at the "pirate ship"...
Ashton really wanted to rent one of these crazy beach bicycles, so we relented and let her have one. It took a few minutes, but after that, she was off and racing. And she didn't even run into anyone...
We took the kids to play miniature golf (affectionately known as "putt-putt" around here). After Ethan got the ball close on one hole, he tossed his club to the side, laid down on the carpet and started blowing his ball in the hole. No idea where he got that idea, but we all had a good chuckle. He carded his first career hole in one on #2. Look out Tiger.
When Sharks Attack! I was sitting under the umbrella holding Cole when I looked out and saw a group of people forming, mothers yanking their kids out of the water and lots of pointing fingers. Being the curious person that I am, we headed down to check out what was going on. Turns out it was a 4-foot long hammerhead shark swimming around in the surf! Grey dorsal fin and lots of people with questionable judgment getting way too close, if you ask me. I didn't get a picture of the shark, but I thought the gaggle of onlookers was pretty cool. There were about twice as many at first, but people got bored and went back in the water. We headed to the pool. My mama didn't raise no fool...
Little boy lost
8 years ago
3 comments:
Wow, that is exciting. Looks like fun. When were you at the beach? We may have just missed you..
I am so jealous of your trip to the beach. I hope cole did well on the drive down. I miss you guys so much, we think of you every day.
I heard about the sharks! One of my co-workers teases another co-worker relentlessly about sharks because the second co-worker has what we call a "healthy fear" of them. So the first co-worker went to the beach (I assume at the same time you did because he went down that way), and of course he was the one who saw sharks. I should have asked him if he screamed like a girl. :) Anyway, it looks like you had fun. We have yet to go to any SC beaches.
Post a Comment