We use a form of bribery a lot with Ashton and Ethan. They love collecting pennies for doing good things around the house -- cleaning up their toys without being asked, doing something nice for someone else, eating all their meals, etc.
The other night, Ethan was being very slow with his dinner. We were done and Ashton had just finished, so we started having a post-dinner cupcake. Ethan asked "Can I be done?", but there were still a lot of chicken nuggets on his plate, so we said "no, finish your dinner first". Undaunted, he came back with this retort...
"Pleeeeeease? I'll give you some money if I can be done!"
Maybe we should find another way to motivate the kids.
Little boy lost
8 years ago
3 comments:
So funny! Love that Ethan. As I was reading the post I thought to myself, "Pennies! Genious!" I'm sure Nathan would go for that! But once I read the ending, I guess I need to think twice about the penny bribery!
Sounds like Ethan is the funny guy! Love his creativity.
Glad you made it back from the beach without any bites.
That rocks! Smart kid, he's going to be a good little business man. Let's make a deal! :) Love your website Lynell and Scott! I can't believe how big the kids are getting - cute too! Glad you sent your blog to me. It makes it easier and more fun to keep in touch.
Post a Comment