I think I have posted here before about our kids' love of rock climbing. It started when Ashton was 3 and we took her to a place here in town with a few easy climbs with an automatic belayer. Now, we go over to REI on Saturday mornings so they can climb there. Ashton has always been fearless when it comes to climbing, and Ethan is starting to be more that way. Here are some pictures from a recent trip when Cole was home fast asleep!

We also recently discovered a park over in Cary with a climbing boulder -- no man-made hand holds, just ledges carved out of the rock. Of course, Ashton was the first one up, but Ethan was right behind her.


The park also has great walking trails, picnic tables, sand volleyball courts and a playground for the kids. Highly recommended for a Saturday Spring morning! Link.
Little boy lost
8 years ago
1 comments:
Sounds fun! My little sister was always climbing on things, too, when she was a kid. Maybe they could have channeled her energy in this way.
BTW, I approve of Ethan's shirt. :)
Post a Comment