NC State Fair fun

Another family tradition that we have started since Lynell and I have been married is to go to the NC State Fair every October. I mean, is there anything better than watching men in fishnet shirts eating turkey legs while watching pig races? You can't make this stuff up. And for those of you in NC, you know you are drooling thinking about deep-fried twinkies, hot Wisconsin cheese and ham biscuits so good, you'd slap yo mamma to get one.

T-minus 10 months and 3 weeks 'til State Fair 2009!



The highlight of Ashton's State Fair trip was holding the baby chicks!


I had visions of Lennie from Of Mice and Men squeezing this one 'til it stopped squawking, and us having to apologize to those nice NC State Ag students. Lucky for the chick, Ethan was gentle.


The cow milking stall was a popular place.





Yes, it was 42 degrees outside, but why not let the kids ride bumper boats? Ethan went around in circles, while Ashton has her Mom's driving instincts!

1 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Good times, good times. The fair is always more fun with kids, I think.