Famous Americans

Ashton's class put on a wax museum event yesterday, where all the kids dressed up as famous historical people. They all memorized a short bio and when you pressed a button in front of them, they "woke up" and repeated it. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to her school, but Lynell video taped it for me. Ashton was Betsy Ross and was adorable! Last night, as we went downstairs to watch it, I asked Ashton about the other kids' characters.

Me: "So, who did the other kids dress up as?"
Ash: "George Washington... Thomas Jefferson... Pokemon..."
Me: "Pokemon?"
Ash: "Yes, the Native American lady."
Me: "You mean Pocahontas?"
Ash: "Ummm... yeah... Pocahontas."

It got me thinking. I have to give kudos to Ashton's teacher for having the kids become actual famous people. Instead of Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson and Ben Franklin, she could have chosen Heidi Montag, Edward from Twilight and Jon & Kate Gosselin. I think that would have actually been really awesome. See, that's why I'm not a teacher.

2 comments:

The Harrises said...

I agree, I am glad the teacher SUGGESTED famous people instead of the kids picking their own

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Oh, I did that with my second graders when I taught. It was so fun! I'm glad you got it on video. We need to get together soon. It seems all our plans wind up not working out.