After one of Ethan's tee ball games last week, Ashton found a tick on her leg. I tried to comfort her by telling her it wouldn't hurt. That didn't work. So, I went with an alternative plan.
"Let's take a picture to show Mommy when she gets home from work."
That seemed to do the trick. A few seconds later, I plucked it off her and flushed it down the toilet.
Does anyone have any remedies for getting ticks to back out? As wet as it has been, I suspect we'll find a few more this summer.
Little boy lost
8 years ago
6 comments:
We were taught nail polish at Girls Camp ... not sure if it is the best option or not but I remember it working.
I SOOOO do not miss ticks!! Sorry you are dealing with them, but glad its not me!
Ugh. I'll bet that was fun for Lynell!
YIKES!!! By the way, I just checked my legs to make sure they are tick-free. They are. But I still feel like they are crawling all over me.
Vaseline. works wonders. they can't breathe through it so they start to let go.
Our three kiddos get ticks on a regular basis in our backyard.
If they are no deeper than the one in your picture, you can just pluck them off.
I recently learned a trick to get them to let go if they are a bit deeper... put your fingertip firmly against the tick and rub around in little circles. Not like you are trying to smash it in, but more like you are trying to make it dizzy. You should feel it being pushed around under your finger. In just a few moments, then almost always loose hold and fall off.
Post a Comment