You are getting sleeeeeepy...

I'm sure you have seen those smoke alarms that play Mom's voice yelling "Get up! Get up!" instead of an annoying beeping. They are safer, studies show, because kids wake up faster to Mom's voice. I'm thinking I need one of those.

Before I get into the meat of this post, it must be said that I am a good sleeper. A really good sleeper. I can usually fall asleep fast and stay asleep unless something wakes me up. Apparently, a tornado would have to be blowing down the house for me to wake up.

Case in point: I sleep with Cole's monitor on my side of the bed. And I am closest to the bedroom door. So, you can imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and looked up to see Lynell, holding Cole, walking into the bathroom to wipe Ethan. How did I miss Ethan coming in and announcing "I need to potty"? Cole waking up and crying? Lynell getting out of bed to get him and then helping Ethan? How did I miss all that? The last thing I remember before rolling over and falling back asleep was her walking out of our room to tuck Ethan back into bed before making Cole's bottle. What a good wife!

Perhaps if I had one of those alarms with Woody Durham's voice it would wake me up. Apparently, Ethan and Cole's don't do the trick.

Whose voice do you think you would wake up to best?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I think it's a guy thing. Devin rarely ever hears Delainey and wakes up. I think you guys have selective hearing = )

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

You could be on to something there, Sarah.

nickle said...

It is a guy thing. I've developed the perfect trick for getting Joseph up, a sharp elbow to whatever is facing me. It works, he gets up after one or two of those.

The Thomas Family said...

Ahhhaa! Nichol, that's too funny. Mmmm...I agree with the other comments. Me? My kids slightest whimper and I'm thinking, "awake already?? Are you kidding me?!?!"

Amanda Goldsmith said...

HAHA Yeah Stephan falls into the same category. He would sleep through an earthquake! We finally just decided it's more functional if I do the night shifts. He picks up the slack with the dishes. Which is always an issue for me :)